Professional Apprenticeship - Trainee Planner
Professional Apprenticeship - Trainee Planner (0920)
Professional Apprenticeship – Trainee Planner
We're looking for bright and motivated school leavers who will bring energy, new ideas and a fresh perspective to help us become the recognised leader and transform the construction and engineering industry.
The Laing O'Rourke Professional Apprenticeship Programme - what can you expect?
Our professional apprenticeship programme has been developed to ensure you are supported throughout every step of your journey, combining work-based experience with off-the-job training. You will be stretched, challenged and supported by a business that views your professional development and formal qualification as a priority.
Our programme will provide a fully funded day or block release Level 4 (HNC) and/or Level 6 (degree) apprenticeship in your chosen vocation, while working as a full time Laing O'Rourke employee. It will also include a series of bespoke development modules, and technical training opportunities, strategically placed to support you at key stages of your apprenticeship journey. During the programme you will work across a range of projects, which will offer the breadth and variety to support your occupational competency and will contribute towards the achievement of your apprenticeship and professional accreditation.
We are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- You must be eligible to work in the UK with a valid work permit
- Entry grades will be listed within each job description and they will differ from role to role
- To qualify for this programme, you will need to have a minimum of three A-Levels/or equivalent
As a trainee planner you will work with a project planner to provide planning support. This role will have a high degree of learning as you hone your planning and interpersonal skills.
Key Deliverables and Accountabilities
- Assist in the development project specific planning control system
- Assist in producing detailed schedules itemising key constraints
- Assist in Integrating and support the material management procedures
- Assist in producing a reporting
- Learn planning
- Record site progress and issues
- Mark up charts, drawings as necessary to communicate the progress position
- Communicate progress and issues to the site team
- Learn how to produce scheme programmes
- Communicate with internal departments to give and receive information
- Produce detailed realistic scheme programmes with assistance from project planner and site team with aim of producing unaided
- Liaise with site team to check on progress and issues
- Monitor production and collate as built information
- Collate production output m/wk or m/man per technique
Opportunities in the North and South of England
Apprenticeship Level and Standard
Construction Site Supervisor Level 4, leading on to Construction Site Manager Level 6 (degree)
Laing O'Rourke collaborate with trusted and approved training providers (Universities) for our apprenticeship delivery. Successful candidates will be required to make an application to our preferred provider for the apprenticeship route you have chosen.
5 GCSEs - preferably grades 7-4 in Maths, English and Science
3 A-levels or BTEC or Equivalent
There are 5 stages to our Professional Apprenticeship Programme recruitment process:
Complete the online application form and upload a copy of your CV and covering letter.
Your application will be reviewed against the requirements for the role you have applied for.
You will be invited to complete a series of psychometric tests tailored to the role you have applied for.
Upon successful completion of online tests, you will be invited to a video interview.
Successful candidates will be invited to attend an assessment.
The safety of our people, and of our candidates is our priority and in the current climate, we may alter the format of our assessment centre; either replacing it with a virtual event or where it is safe to do so, and in line with government and health authority guidance, host a socially distanced, covid-secure day.
Providing you are successful at the assessment centre, you will receive a written, formal offer of employment. This will be a provisional offer that is subject to your degree classification and successful background security and reference checks.
**The Professional Apprenticeship Programme will commence in September 2021**
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.