Professional Apprenticeship - Quantity Surveying
Professional Apprenticeship - Quantity Surveying (0918)
Professional Apprenticeship – Trainee Quantity Surveyor
We're looking for bright and motivated school leavers who will bring energy, new ideas and a fresh perspective to help us become the recognised leader and transform the construction and engineering industry.
The Laing O'Rourke Professional Apprenticeship Programme - what can you expect?
Our professional apprenticeship programme has been developed to ensure you are supported throughout every step of your journey, combining work-based experience with off-the-job training. You will be stretched, challenged and supported by a business that views your professional development and formal qualification as a priority.
Our programme will provide a fully funded day or block release Level 4 (HNC) and/or Level 6 (degree) apprenticeship in your chosen vocation, while working as a full time Laing O'Rourke employee. It will also include a series of bespoke development modules, and technical training opportunities, strategically placed to support you at key stages of your apprenticeship journey. During the programme you will work across a range of projects, which will offer the breadth and variety to support your occupational competency and will contribute towards the achievement of your apprenticeship and professional accreditation.
We are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- You must be eligible to work in the UK with a valid work permit
- Entry grades will be listed within each job description and they will differ from role to role
- To qualify for this programme, you will need to have a minimum of three A-Levels/or equivalent
Assist with the commercial function within a project or office, with the provision of a commercial, contractual and financial management service.
Whilst under supervision; to ensure project profit objectives and targets are met and cash and margin are managed to maximise performance, all in a manner consistent with the Group processes.
Key Deliverables and Accountabilities
- Assist with the commercial function within project or office
- Implementation of company commercial practices
- Understand the basic commercial principles of the function
- Assist with the management and reporting of monthly costs
- Assist with the preparation and management of simple subcontracts
- Preparation and filing of records
- Assist with preparation of interim applications and final accounts from first principles
- Assist with valuing and pricing variations
- Communicating clearly and confidently to a professional standard
- Keep your manager fully advised of any issue/risk which has arisen or might arise and which could affect the business/project
- Front End skills
- Cash Management and optimisation
- Risk Management
- Project financial control, reporting and data management
- Change management
- Construction technology and environmental services
- Contract procedures
- Quantification and costing of construction works
- Negotiation and dispute resolution
- Related Capabilities
- Project Management - HSE - DfMA- Digital Engineering - Client & Stakeholder Management - People Management
South East, South West, London, North East, North West, the Midlands
Apprenticeship Level and Standard
Chartered Surveyor Level 6 (degree)
Laing O'Rourke collaborate with trusted and approved training providers (Universities) for our apprenticeship delivery. Successful candidates will be required to make an application to our preferred provider for the apprenticeship route you have chosen.
5 GCSEs - preferably grades 7-4 in Maths, English and Science
3 A-levels or BTEC or Equivalent
There are 5 stages to our Professional Apprenticeship Programme recruitment process:
Complete the online application form and upload a copy of your CV and covering letter.
Your application will be reviewed against the requirements for the role you have applied for.
You will be invited to complete a series of psychometric tests tailored to the role you have applied for.
Upon successful completion of online tests, you will be invited to a video interview.
Successful candidates will be invited to attend an assessment.
The safety of our people, and of our candidates is our priority and in the current climate, we may alter the format of our assessment centre; either replacing it with a virtual event or where it is safe to do so, and in line with government and health authority guidance, host a socially distanced, covid-secure day.
Providing you are successful at the assessment centre, you will receive a written, formal offer of employment. This will be a provisional offer that is subject to your degree classification and successful background security and reference checks.
**The Professional Apprenticeship Programme will commence in September 2021**
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.