Graduate Finance Assistant
Graduate Finance Assistant (0847)
Job Title: Finance Graduate – UK Overheads
We're looking for bright and committed graduates who will bring energy, new ideas and a fresh perspective to help us become the recognised leader and transform the construction and engineering industry.
The Laing O'Rourke Graduate Development Programme - what can you expect?
Our graduate programme is designed to embrace and develop your capabilities. Most importantly, you will be encouraged to continue learning throughout your career. You will be stretched, challenged and supported by a business that views your personal development and the achievement of professional accreditation as a priority.
Our programme will give you the practical experience, technical learning and professional development while being part of the some of the most exciting construction and infrastructure projects in the UK.
We are looking for graduates who meet the following criteria:
- Eligible to work in the UK with a valid work permit if applicable
- Full mobility as you may be required to relocate for your role
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- A degree course with a clear route to professional accreditation
- Your degree classification should be 2:1 or higher
- Entry degrees will be listed within each of our graduate vacancies and differ from role to role
The role is within the UK Overheads Team based in Dartford. It is a diverse and varied role and will involve working with the wider finance and business community. The role is involved in the preparation and analysis of periodic reporting regarding the UK Overheads cost centres.
A flexible approach and the ability to embrace change within a dynamic and challenging work environment are crucial.
You will be a detailed and deadline focused individual who has the ability to embrace change within a dynamic and challenging working environment. An ability to work within a team is essential as is the desire to streamline and improve the information flows within the team.
Key Deliverables and Accountabilities
The primary responsibilities for this role within the UK Overheads Team include:
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management reports in accordance with the finance timetable and deadlines
- Creating and posting journals into the general ledger
- Analysing monthly results and providing variance analysis
- Updating monthly forecasts by department within our financial systems
- Maintaining schedules of prepayments and accruals in addition to providing monthly forecast updates
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting with the preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual budgets for Overhead departments
- Updating various ad hoc excel reports as required, including Legal and Communication functions spend analysis
- Assisting with various analysis as required
- Establishing key relationships with finance and non-finance personnel for all UK Overheads
- You will support in driving cost efficiency and performance, by providing business insight and analytical support, evaluating opportunities/risks and driving finance transformation
Dartford – Head Office
Business degrees preferred (i.e., Accounting and Finance, Business Studies etc) but other degrees considered
Option of either CIMA, ACCA or ICAEW accounting qualifications
There are 5 stages to our Graduate Development Programme recruitment process:
Complete the online application form and upload a copy of your CV and covering letter.
Your application will be reviewed against the requirements for the role you have applied for.
You will be invited to complete a series of psychometric tests tailored to the role you have applied for.
Upon successful completion of online tests, you will be invited to a video interview.
Successful candidates will be invited to attend an assessment.
The safety of our people, and of our candidates is our priority and in the current climate, we may alter the format of our assessment centre; either replacing it with a virtual event or where it is safe to do so, and in line with government and health authority guidance, host a socially distanced, covid-secure day.
Providing you are successful at the assessment centre, you will receive a written, formal offer of employment. This will be a provisional offer that is subject to your degree classification and successful background security and reference checks.
**The Graduate Development Programme will commence in September 2021**
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.