Graduate Business Management Assistant
Graduate Business Management Assistant (0879)
Job Title: Graduate Business Management Assistant
We're looking for bright and committed graduates who will bring energy, new ideas and a fresh perspective to help us become the recognised leader and transform the construction and engineering industry.
The Laing O'Rourke Graduate Development Programme - what can you expect?
Our graduate programme is designed to embrace and develop your capabilities. Most importantly, you will be encouraged to continue learning throughout your career. You will be stretched, challenged and supported by a business that views your personal development and the achievement of professional accreditation as a priority.
Our programme will give you the practical experience, technical learning and professional development while being part of the some of the most exciting construction and infrastructure projects in the UK.
We are looking for graduates who meet the following criteria:
- Eligible to work in the UK with a valid work permit if applicable
- Full mobility as you may be required to relocate for your role
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- A degree course with a clear route to professional accreditation
- Your degree classification should be 2:1 or higher
- Entry degrees will be listed within each of our graduate vacancies and differ from role to role
This role is within the Select Plant Hire business. A Business Management Graduate will work with a variety of teams on various projects such as strategy development and implementation, process automation, ad-hoc analysis and general business improvement throughout Select. There will be opportunity for rotation around the business, allowing the Graduate to develop a broad foundation of skills and knowledge.
Key Deliverables and Accountabilities
The candidate will have a variety of responsibilities subject to their expertise and preference, examples include:
- Assisting management in researching opportunities for business development across new and existing ventures.
- Leverage data from across the business to produce coherent and comprehensive analysis and reports to support decision making by management with regards product development, investment and business planning.
- Explore opportunities for general business improvement including software implementation and process re-deign.
- To liaise with teams across the business and identify cross-functional opportunities for knowledge sharing and business improvement.
- Collect and develop Work Winning ‘Collateral' from across the business for use in tenders, marketing material and external communications.
- Assist in preparation of tenders and presentations for work winning.
- Visit client sites as and when required to review performance and develop relationships with the client and operations teams.
- Gain a breadth of knowledge from across Select with regards products, processes and people.
- Willingness to work additional hours outside the contracted hours as and when required.
- Willingness to stay away from home as and when required.
Dartford – Head Office
Business Management, Finance, Accounting – other degrees will be considered
Depending on your degree subject: CIMA, ACCA, ACA, CMI, etc.
There are 5 stages to our Graduate Development Programme recruitment process:
Complete the online application form and upload a copy of your CV and covering letter.
Your application will be reviewed against the requirements for the role you have applied for.
You will be invited to complete a series of psychometric tests tailored to the role you have applied for.
Upon successful completion of online tests, you will be invited to a video interview.
Successful candidates will be invited to attend an assessment.
The safety of our people, and of our candidates is our priority and in the current climate, we may alter the format of our assessment centre; either replacing it with a virtual event or where it is safe to do so, and in line with government and health authority guidance, host a socially distanced, covid-secure day.
Providing you are successful at the assessment centre, you will receive a written, formal offer of employment. This will be a provisional offer that is subject to your degree classification and successful background security and reference checks.
**The Graduate Development Programme will commence in September 2021**
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
- Title:Graduate Business Management Assistant
- Employment type:Permanent
- Job family:Business Development