Design Manager - Natural Stone Specialist
Design Manager - Natural Stone Specialist (1206)
Lead Designer / Design Manager
Vetter UK, a Laing O'Rourke Group Company
Location flexible accessible to Sale, St Neots or Dartford
Vetter UK is a specialist stone contractor and leading company in the UK stone industry. For over 150 years, they have been the name behind some of the most prestigious landmark projects across the UK.
A dedicated, loyal and highly experienced team of staff and directly employed operatives undertake the design, supply and installation of high-quality facades, floors, internal fit-out, urban landscaping, restoration and conservation. Whilst their history is in natural stone, they have expanded their world-class offer to now include the installation of precast and GRC cladding.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced detailed design person from the natural stone industry to join the team and assist in the expansion & development of Vetter's design capability. The role will also provide someone with high growth potential and opportunity to create a new design team around them as the business grows further.
What are we looking for?
- Proficiency in producing construction drawings using AutoCad for cladding, hard landscaping, paving, fit-out & flooring
- Experience and accuracy in producing stone cutting lists / manufacture schedules for issue to factories
- Knowledge of BS8298 cladding, BS5385 fit out / flooring, BS7533 hard landscaping / paving
- Knowledge of different stone types & appropriate applications / stone quarry & factory functions / site installation functions
- Experience of leading design meetings with architects / main contractors / sub contractors to resolve design issues
- Prior use of document control systems such as Asite
- Ability to develop design programmes / design deliverables schedules and monitor / control
- BIM - Revit / IFC experience wold be a definite advantage
To find out more about Vetter UK view the video https://youtu.be/gDkxedp8UGk and visit https://www.laingorourke.com/what-we-do/specialist-businesses.aspx
Why Laing O'Rourke?
- Exposure to the largest, most complex and innovative projects in the industry and a culture that nurtures passion and expertise in next generation construction methods and technology.
- World class remuneration and benefits package & commitment to extensive training, development and long-term career progression.
- We really value difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation. We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel respected & valued for being themselves.
- With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O'Rourke is an internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
For further details of our Offsite Journey watch here: https://youtu.be/EhcpD13hbuo
Talk to us about flexible, dynamic and part time working. We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org