2024 Professional Apprenticeship - Quantity Surveying Trainee
- Title:2024 Professional Apprenticeship - Quantity Surveying Trainee
- Region:United Kingdom
- Employment type:Permanent
- Job family:Programme
2024 Professional Apprenticeship - Quantity Surveying Trainee (4297)
Professional Apprenticeship – Trainee Quantity Surveyor
We're looking for bright and motivated school leavers who will bring energy, new ideas and a fresh perspective to help us become the recognised leader and transform the construction and engineering industry.
Assist with the commercial function within a project or office, with the provision of a commercial, contractual, and financial management service.
Whilst under supervision, to ensure project profit objectives and targets are met and cash and margin are managed to maximise performance, all in a manner consistent with the Group processes.
Key Deliverables and Accountabilities
- Assist with the commercial function within project or office
- Implementation of company commercial practices
- Understand the basic commercial principles of the function
- Assist with the management and reporting of monthly costs
- Assist with the preparation and management of simple subcontracts
- Preparation and filing of records
- Assist with preparation of interim applications and final accounts from first principles
- Assist with valuing and pricing variations
- Communicating clearly and confidently to a professional standard
- Keep your manager fully advised of any issue/risk which has arisen or might arise, and which could affect the business/project
- Front End skills
- Cash Management and optimisation
- Risk Management
- Project financial control, reporting and data management
- Change management
- Construction technology and environmental services
- Contract procedures
- Quantification and costing of construction works
- Negotiation and dispute resolution
- Related Capabilities
- Project Management - HSE - DfMA- Digital Engineering - Client & Stakeholder Management - People Management
Southwest England, Southern England and London
Apprenticeship Level and Standard
Chartered Surveyor Level 6 (degree)
Laing O'Rourke collaborate with trusted and approved training providers for our apprenticeship delivery. Successful candidates will be required to make an application to our preferred provider for the apprenticeship route you have chosen.
5 GCSEs - preferably grades 7-4 in Maths, English and Science
3 A-levels BBB or BTEC or Equivalent
We are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- You must be eligible to work in the UK with a valid work permit
- Entry grades will be listed within each job description and they will differ from role to role
- To qualify for this programme, you will need to have a minimum of three A-Levels/or equivalent
The Laing O'Rourke Professional Apprenticeship Programme - what can you expect?
Our professional apprenticeship programme has been developed to ensure you are supported throughout every step of your journey, combining work-based experience with off-the-job training. You will be stretched, challenged and supported by a business that views your professional development and formal qualification as a priority.
Our programme will provide a fully funded day or block release Level 4 (HNC) and/or Level 6 (degree) apprenticeship in your chosen vocation, while working as a full time Laing O'Rourke employee. It will also include a series of bespoke development modules, and technical training opportunities, strategically placed to support you at key stages of your apprenticeship journey. During the programme you will work across a range of projects, which will offer the breadth and variety to support your occupational competency and will contribute towards the achievement of your apprenticeship and professional accreditation.
**The Professional Apprenticeship Programme will commence in September 2024**
Diversity and Inclusion
We value and care about difference at Laing O’Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
As part of the Disability Confident scheme, we would like to enable access to candidates with long term health conditions and disabilities through the ‘Offer an interview scheme’. This supports applicants that meet the essential criteria by offering an interview for the advertised position. Please let us know prior to interview what adjustments are required as well as discussing how we can support you in the workplace.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit:Diversity