2024 Professional Apprenticeship - Planning Trainee
- Title:2024 Professional Apprenticeship - Planning Trainee
- Region:United Kingdom
- Employment type:Permanent
- Job family:Programme
2024 Professional Apprenticeship - Planning Trainee (4294)
Professional Apprenticeship – Trainee Planner
We're looking for bright and motivated school leavers who will bring energy, new ideas and a fresh perspective to help us become the recognised leader and transform the construction and engineering industry.
As a trainee planner, you will work with a project planner to provide planning support. This role will have a high degree of learning as you hone your planning and interpersonal skills.
Key Deliverables and Accountabilities
- Learn planning
- Record site progress and issues
- Mark up charts, drawings as necessary to communicate the progress position
- Communicate progress and issues to the site team
- Learn how to produce scheme programmes
- Communicate with internal departments to give and receive information
- Produce detailed realistic scheme programmes with assistance from project planner and site team with aim of producing unaided
- Liaise with site team to check on progress and issues
- Monitor production and collate as built information
- Collate production output m/wk or m/man per technique
- Learn and use Planning Project Management software
- Assist in the development project specific planning control system
- Assist in producing detailed schedules itemising key constraints
- Assist in Integrating and support the material management procedures
- Assist in producing reporting
Opportunities in the North, Midlands, and South of England
Apprenticeship Level and Standard
Construction Site Supervisor Level 4, leading on to Construction Site Manager Level 6 (degree)
Laing O'Rourke collaborate with trusted and approved training providers for our apprenticeship delivery. Successful candidates will be required to make an application to our preferred provider for the apprenticeship route you have chosen.
Applicants must have either:
- 3 A Levels must include Maths and a Science Subject
- BTEC Extended Diploma in a construction related subject (Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction and Built Environment etc)
We are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- You must be eligible to work in the UK with a valid work permit
- Entry grades will be listed within each job description, and they will differ from role to role
- To qualify for this programme, you will need to have a minimum of three A-Levels/or equivalent
The Laing O'Rourke Professional Apprenticeship Programme - what can you expect?
Our professional apprenticeship programme has been developed to ensure you are supported throughout every step of your journey, combining work-based experience with off-the-job training. You will be stretched, challenged, and supported by a business that views your professional development and formal qualification as a priority.
Our programme will provide a fully funded day or block release Level 4 (HNC) and/or Level 6 (degree) apprenticeship in your chosen vocation, while working as a full time Laing O'Rourke employee. It will also include a series of bespoke development modules, and technical training opportunities, strategically placed to support you at key stages of your apprenticeship journey. During the programme you will work across a range of projects, which will offer the breadth and variety to support your occupational competency and will contribute towards the achievement of your apprenticeship and professional accreditation.
**The Professional Apprenticeship Programme will commence in September 2024**
Diversity and Inclusion
We value and care about difference at Laing O’Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
As part of the Disability Confident scheme, we would like to enable access to candidates with long term health conditions and disabilities through the ‘Offer an interview scheme’. This supports applicants that meet the essential criteria by offering an interview for the advertised position. Please let us know prior to interview what adjustments are required as well as discussing how we can support you in the workplace.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit:Diversity