2024 Professional Apprenticeship - Building Energy Management Systems
- Title:2024 Professional Apprenticeship - Building Energy Management Systems
- Region:United Kingdom
- Employment type:Permanent
- Job family:Programme
2024 Professional Apprenticeship - Building Energy Management Systems (4290)
Professional Apprenticeship – Building Energy Management Systems (BEMS) Controls Engineer Apprenticeship
We're looking for bright and motivated school leavers who will bring energy, new ideas and a fresh perspective to help us become the recognised leader and transform the construction and engineering industry.
Crown House Technologies - Enterprise Solutions are part of the Laing O'Rourke construction group.
Enterprise Solutions provide the expertise to deliver the specialist systems, Building Energy Management Systems (BEMS), Security Systems (CCTV, Access Control, Intruder Alarms), Information Communications Technology (ICT) and Lighting Control (LCS). associated with mechanical, electrical and public health (MEP) installations.
You will work within the BEMS team under the guidance of our experienced Engineers, alongside site supervisors and managers.
You must have strong technical acumen with a positive interest in engineering & technology. You will also have a professional approach and a keen eye for detail, excellent communication and IT skills are also vital for the role.
Key Deliverables and Accountabilities of a BEMS Controls Apprentice
- To learn and understand automated control systems
- To be able to read a specification and apply control principles associated with the design to create engineering documentation
- Understand communications technology and standard industry protocols
- Understanding the requirements for the installation of electrical wiring systems
- To learn, understand and manage the production automated application software, system graphical user interface (GUI) and Digital engineering (DE)
- Assist the commissioning and point to point testing and commission control panels (CP) to monitor and control mechanical systems
- Adhere to all company policies & procedures, particularly to health & safety
South and North West England
Apprenticeship Level and Standard
Building Energy Management Systems (BEMS) Controls Engineer Apprenticeship - Level 4
National training provider Group Horizon Ltd, in partnership with the Building Controls Industry Association (BCIA)
5 GCSEs - preferably grades 7-4 in Maths and English
3 A-levels or BTEC
We are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- You must be eligible to work in the UK with a valid work permit
- Entry grades will be listed within each job description, and they will differ from role to role
- To qualify for this programme, you will need to have a minimum of three A-Levels/or equivalent
The Laing O'Rourke Professional Apprenticeship Programme - what can you expect?
Our professional apprenticeship programme has been developed to ensure you are supported throughout every step of your journey, combining work-based experience with off-the-job training. You will be stretched, challenged and supported by a business that views your professional development and formal qualification as a priority.
Our programme will provide a fully funded day or block release Level 4 (HNC) and/or Level 6 (degree) apprenticeship in your chosen vocation, while working as a full time Laing O'Rourke employee. It will also include a series of bespoke development modules, and technical training opportunities, strategically placed to support you at key stages of your apprenticeship journey. During the programme you will work across a range of projects, which will offer the breadth and variety to support your occupational competency and will contribute towards the achievement of your apprenticeship and professional accreditation.
**The Professional Apprenticeship Programme will commence in September 2024**
Diversity and Inclusion
We value and care about difference at Laing O’Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
As part of the Disability Confident scheme, we would like to enable access to candidates with long term health conditions and disabilities through the ‘Offer an interview scheme’. This supports applicants that meet the essential criteria by offering an interview for the advertised position. Please let us know prior to interview what adjustments are required as well as discussing how we can support you in the workplace.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit:Diversity