2023 Professional Apprenticeship– Trainee Reinforcement Engineer
- Title:2023 Professional Apprenticeship– Trainee Reinforcement Engineer
- Employment type:Permanent
- Job family:Programme
2023 Professional Apprenticeship– Trainee Reinforcement Engineer (3435)
Professional Apprenticeship– Trainee Reinforcement Engineer
We're looking for bright and committed graduates who will bring energy, new ideas and a fresh perspective to help us become the recognised leader and transform the construction and engineering industry.
- Produce and develop reinforcement detailing information based upon a 3D ‘Digital Construction' detailing system – Drawings, schedules, models, erection sequencing, measurement information.
- Self-development to become an independent active member of the team capable of supporting onsite Teams.
- Engage with site to provide better practice on the delivery of information, to aid in improving efficiency in rebar fixing.
- To liaise with other group disciplines, such as Temporary Works design Engineers, to produce Digital Engineering outputs.
Key Deliverables and Accountabilities
· Team relationships and ensuring self-development and development of reporting team members
- Internal and external relationships – Design Engineers, Site Engineers, Rebar fixing teams
- Delivery – ensuring delivery to required cost, quality and programme
- Development of processes and procedures for delivery of digital reinforcement
- Development of protocols for working with delivery partners
- Software configuration and customisation– to meet LOR requirements for construction
- Liaison with site practice and workflow, data management ICT work-streams
Laing O'Rourke collaborate with trusted and approved training providers (Universities) for our apprenticeship delivery. Successful candidates will be required to make an application to our preferred provider for the apprenticeship route you have chosen.
Applicants must have either:
- 3 A Levels must include Maths and a Science Subject
- BTEC Extended Diploma in a construction related subject (Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction and Built Environment etc)
The Laing O'Rourke Professional Apprenticeship Programme - what can you expect?
Our professional apprenticeship programme has been developed to ensure you are supported throughout every step of your journey, combining work-based experience with off-the-job training. You will be stretched, challenged and supported by a business that views your professional development and formal qualification as a priority.
Our programme will provide a fully funded day or block release Level 4 (HNC) and/or Level 6 (degree) apprenticeship in your chosen vocation, while working as a full time Laing O'Rourke employee. It will also include a series of bespoke development modules, and technical training opportunities, strategically placed to support you at key stages of your apprenticeship journey. During the programme you will work across a range of projects, which will offer the breadth and variety to support your occupational competency and will contribute towards the achievement of your apprenticeship and professional accreditation.
We are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- You must be eligible to work in the UK with a valid work permit
- Entry grades will be listed within each job description and they will differ from role to role
- To qualify for this programme, you will need to have a minimum of three A-Levels/or equivalent
**The Professional Apprenticeship Programme will commence in September 2023**
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Diversity and Inclusion
We value and care about difference at Laing O’Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
As part of the Disability Confident scheme, we would like to enable access to candidates with long term health conditions and disabilities through the ‘Offer an interview scheme’. This supports applicants that meet the essential criteria by offering an interview for the advertised position. Please let us know prior to interview what adjustments are required as well as discussing how we can support you in the workplace.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit:Diversity