2023 - Operations Graduate
- Title:2023 - Operations Graduate
- Employment type:Permanent
- Job family:Programme
2023 - Operations Graduate (3207)
Job Title: Operations Graduate
We're looking for bright and committed graduates who will bring energy, new ideas and a fresh perspective to help us become the recognised leader for Innovation and Excellence in the construction and engineering industry.
Laing O'Rourke's manufacturing and modular solutions are transforming traditional construction methodologies into a modern process of component-based assembly, providing product sets including precast concrete building components, and modular bridges for the major highways and rail projects.
Explore Manufacturing is the most automated concrete products facility in Europe making our construction process faster safer and more efficient, improving quality, and reducing waste, and contributing to a sustainable manufacturing-led future for construction.
Look inside our facility: https://youtu.be/CvBUAL8uRDI
The Operations Graduate role will provide a development opportunity to experience first-hand the precast manufacturing processes and will spend dedicated periods within the various Production disciplines and our Safety and Quality Functions.
This successful candidate will be able to identify how they can positively influence the delivery of Modern Methods of Construction through our manufacturing processes and how we provide on-site assembly assurance on some of the UK's most exciting major infrastructure and construction projects.
- Be exposed to and develop a thorough appreciation of CEMC Production Processes
- Understand and promote our proactive and positive approach to Safety
- Ensure product compliance with adherence to Project relevant ‘Acceptable Standards' documents
- Work collaboratively with Project Co-ordination
- Assist with ensuring the client requirements on projects including scope, programme, specification, and design information are understood by the team to inform the delivery plan.
- Attend site progress, coordination meetings and workshops, investigating any customer complaints/NCRs as required.
- Role model our Excellence Plus Behaviours
- Develop into an area of specialism aligned with personal interest/development
Degree qualified in construction and civil engineering
Depending on your degree subject
The Laing O'Rourke Graduate Development Programme - what can you expect?
Our graduate programme is designed to embrace and develop your capabilities. Most importantly, you will be encouraged to continue learning throughout your career. You will be stretched, challenged, and supported by a business that views your personal development and the achievement of professional accreditation as a priority.
Our 2.5-year programme will give you the practical experience, technical learning and professional development while being part of the some of the most exciting construction and infrastructure projects in the UK.
We are looking for graduates who meet the following criteria:
- Eligible to work in the UK with a valid work permit if applicable
- Full mobility as you may be required to relocate/travel for your role
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- A degree course with a clear route to professional accreditation
- Your degree classification should be 2:2 or higher
- Entry degrees will be listed within each of our graduate vacancies and differ from role to role
**The Graduate Development Programme will commence in September 2023**
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Diversity and Inclusion
We value and care about difference at Laing O’Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
As part of the Disability Confident scheme, we would like to enable access to candidates with long term health conditions and disabilities through the ‘Offer an interview scheme’. This supports applicants that meet the essential criteria by offering an interview for the advertised position. Please let us know prior to interview what adjustments are required as well as discussing how we can support you in the workplace.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit:Diversity