2022 Graduate - Geotechnical Engineer
2022 Graduate - Geotechnical Engineer (1809)
Job Title: Graduate Geotechnical Engineer
We're looking for bright and committed graduates who will bring energy, new ideas and a fresh perspective to help us become the recognised leader and transform the construction and engineering industry.
Expanded Geotechnical is a member of the Laing O'Rourke construction group. We are a leading specialist ground engineering contractor. Our involvement in delivery of the most prestigious and complex projects demands that we design and install a broad range of best value foundation solutions for our clients. Key to achieving our strategy for continued profitable growth is investing in our geotechnical team. We have opportunities for ambitious graduate geotechnical engineer's keen to join an energetic, stimulating and rewarding environment.
Our graduates will work within the geotechnical engineering team under the guidance of design and project engineers and alongside site supervisors and managers.
We are looking for high calibre professionals with ambition, enthusiasm and drive to make an impact. You must have strong technical acumen coupled with a positive interest in foundation engineering. You will also have a professional approach and a keen eye for detail; excellent communication and IT skills are also vital for the role.
Our graduates are given the opportunity to gain a broad experience within our business. The role will involve a period in one of our design/work winning teams, which are located at our main regional offices. Plus, a period in project management with our operation team, which will be project based.
Dartford Head Office – to start
A degree in a Civil Engineering discipline or other construction related degree.
Key Deliverables and Accountabilities
- To be an active & contributory member during their periods in the design/work winning & operation teams.
- To understand and deliver the client's requirements and liaise with designers/client/ main contractors to optimize the best engineering solution.
- Ensure the appropriate selection of piling technique is chosen to suit the project ground conditions.
- To undertake geotechnical analysis/design using in-house and commercially available software in accordance with the relevant codes of practice and prepare detailed geotechnical design reports for submittal to clients and respond to technical queries raised during the approval process.
- To cost, budget, tender, negotiate and secure orders for a variety of such systems, whilst maximising the business profits.
- Preparation of settlement packs for review by the business at settlement meetings.
- Preparation of contract design documents, drawings and schedules.
- To design with awareness of risk including, H&S, geotechnical and commercial aspects.
- To liaise and provide design support to the operation team during the installation phase to ensure correct design is fully implemented.
- To produce as built documentation post construction.
- Develop long lasting relationships with clients to encourage repeat business.
- Co-ordinating and responding to client's requests by gaining experience from colleagues.
- Collaborative working with other LOR business units to achieve shared end goals.
- To continue your professional development.
The Laing O'Rourke Graduate Development Programme - what can you expect?
Our graduate programme is designed to embrace and develop your capabilities. Most importantly, you will be encouraged to continue learning throughout your career. You will be stretched, challenged, and supported by a business that views your personal development and the achievement of professional accreditation as a priority.
Our programme will give you the practical experience, technical learning and professional development while being part of the some of the most exciting construction and infrastructure projects in the UK.
We are looking for graduates who meet the following criteria:
- Eligible to work in the UK with a valid work permit if applicable
- Full mobility as you may be required to relocate for your role
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- A degree course with a clear route to professional accreditation
- Your degree classification should be 2:1 or higher
- Entry degrees will be listed within each of our graduate vacancies and differ from role to role
**The Graduate Development Programme will commence in September 2022**
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
- Title:2022 Graduate - Geotechnical Engineer
- Employment type:Permanent
- Job family:Programme